With the holidays in full swing there are so many things to be grateful for. However, there are always ways to help those who are less fortunate. That includes our four legged friends too. Here are six ways to help dogs this holiday season:
- Donate– Whether you can afford money, toys, food or accessories there are always animals in need.
- Lend a Hand– Even if it’s an hour at your local rescue this can go a long way.
- Promote Shelter Adoption- Pass the word on social media and tell a friend that there are so many needy dogs at the shelter looking for furever homes.
- Fostering– Local shelters are overcrowded and always looking for good people to help foster a pet. This will also allow the pet to be assessed in a family setting.
- Diversify Gifts and Wish Lists– Make sure to include your favorite shelters or non-profits on your holiday lists.
- Shop Smart– Look for business that have teamed up with charitable organizations or for websites like https://store.theanimalrescuesite.greatergood.com/ that help fund rescues.
Here are a few articles to help give you ideas of what to donate and where to donate: